The federal government has distributed emergency cash to millions of families within a month and a half of announcing the Ehsas Emergency Cash Program. A message service launched by Imran Khan in early April connects deserving families to the government database of Ehsas Emergency Cash.
A total of Rs. 1 million was provided by the federal government under this program. The ongoing Coronavirus lockdown has resulted in a financial crisis for every family who needs assistance. The program will benefit 10 million families across the country, according to Ehsas Program Chair Dr. Sania Nishtar.
Although more than Rs 10 million has been transparently paid by the federal government, there is still considerable work to be done. Out of more than 8.2 million deserving people, 101 billion will be used to overcome the economic crisis in Pakistan amid the COVID-19 epidemic.
According to her, Rs. 144 billion will be allocated for this program. However, additional resources will be set aside if the demand for Ehsaas Emergency Cash is high.
How you can apply for Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program
One individual from each deserving family can apply for the program, according to one of her statements. However, this program is ineligible for the following people.
- Those who don’t have a valid CNIC.
- Current or ex-government (federal or provincial) employees and their spouses.
- Those who have traveled abroad in the recent past.
- Those registered to any other relief scheme under the federal government.
- Those who own a property.
- Have utility bills of more than Rs. 10,000
- Those who have mobile bills equal to or more than Rs. 1,000 per month.
- Those having a passport or having applied for one and their spouses.
- Whose three or more family members have availed CNIC with executive fees.
How to Apply
Even people with basic knowledge of mobile phones can apply for the program since it has made registration easier.
Here is how you can do it:
- Sending your CNIC number in an SMS to 8171 is all you need to do in order to enroll in the emergency cash program.
- Your information will be filtered out of the government’s socio-economic database.
- A confirmation or rejection SMS will be sent to you within 24 hours.
- It is not a problem to contact district administration if you have been asked to do so. The Ehsaas web portal allows these people to apply online (here is the link: https://ehsaas.nadra.gov.pk/ehsaas/).
According to Dr. Sania, they have a comprehensive system in place to identify applications from affluent people.
In our National Socio-Economic Registry (NSER) database, we have developed two layers of people with the assistance of NADRA. Based on various parameters, such as their occupation, possessions, and bank balance, the overall filtering will determine a person’s level of affluence in the first layer
How to Track Your Ehsaas Application Status
The government has launched a web portal that will allow applicants and volunteers to check the status of their applications for the Ehsaas Emergency Cash program online.
Additionally, beneficiaries who face problems with their biometric verification can receive payments from designated banks without NADRA’s prior approval.
Bank Al-Falah will provide services in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Gilgit-Baltistan, and Azad Jammu, and Kashmir to applicants.
How to receive money
Those who pass through the first layer will be considered poor in the system and eligible for the relief fund. Upon completing the necessary process, the system will send them a message detailing which bank they should visit to withdraw their emergency funds.
How to apply for Ehsas Emergency Cash in Urdu
You can download a PDF file with all the information in Urdu for applying for Ehsas Emergency Cash in Urdu. Click the link.